Green Generation is allows students to apply ecology content to real world problems, such as anthropogenic climate change. With our growing population and unsustainable farming methods, our environment is constantly at stake. How can you become part of the change? This class will not only help you visualize your impacts on your environment, but we believe that it is also a large leap to our goal of becoming part of the solution to global problems.
If you’re interested in a specific topic we discussed in class, you can learn about it more deeply here!
Biodiversity and conservation | Biology library | Science | Khan Academy
This unit is part of the Biology library. Browse videos, articles, and exercises by topic.
This is a great tool to explore all things science related. Feel free to visit the links below - the descriptions are suggestions, but feel free to explore further!
- Foundations: What’s your carbon footprint?
- Population ecology and analyzing trends
- Community ecology
- Biodiversity in context and farming practices
- Solutions to unsustainable farming practices, deforestation, and myth busters
- Pollution (air, water, land) and legislation
- Anthropogenic Climate Change
- How we can create change (day 1)
- The Political Debate About Wolf Reintroduction (article)
Week 1 Movie Rec!
- Tohoku Earthquake Video
- Methylmercury Exposure and Developmental Outcomes in Tohoku Study of Child Development at 18 Months of Age (article)
- The Need to Regulate CAFOs (article)
- Green Revolution video
- Great Pacific Garbage Patch
Week 2 Movie Rec
- Montreal Protocol
- Light Pollution
- Noise Pollution
- The Greenhouse Effect
For fun, compare the videos below! How are they different and what can you conclude about some information you see in the media being misleading?
- Hydraulic Fracturing vid 1
- Hydraulic Fracturing vid 2
- United Nations Sustainable Development Goals